Saturday, February 27, 2010

chinese valentine's

Since tomorrow is Chap Goh Mei, I'm reminded of Valentine's last year.

I still remember that cold Winter day when Johann and I sat on a park bench in Yoyogi Koen, trying to make sense of what had just happened. The dark skinny trees and fallen leaves were no comfort, neither was the biting wind.

It seemed like everything else had fallen apart around us, 2 gaijins trying to make an honest living with a company feeling the effects from the global economic downturn.

Between then and now, so many things have happened. What a contrast that day was compared to where I am 1 year later. It's scorching hot in the tropics, with temperatures reaching 38 degrees. So bad I almost forget how winter feels like. I'd give anything to be transported back to the white snowy mountains of Niigata.

Those few remaining months in Japan and the various trips were the highlights of last year, I would have never had the time of my life if not for family and friends who have been so supportive. You may not realise it, but your every little actions and thoughts mean a lot to me. Love you all! 仲良し(*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)だよ

No comments: