Tuesday, August 28, 2007

i'm graduating!

My parents are here! Yup! In Japan hehe :D Yes I'm really happy they finally made it here. They almost wanted to come last year when I was still in Niigata, but I guess this trip would be more meaningful since I'll be graduating tomorrow!

Time really flies, and it's an understatement to say that I will miss this place. A lot has happened here so much so that I think I must've gone through several years' worth of experiences that I will never forget!

As I was packing little by little throughout the week from the last, I felt bits of memories coming back to me.

The skiing trips on the snow-capped mountains last winter.

The gift that you made for my birthday.

The cup we used to make Milo together.

The assignment we spent hours working on.

The vitamin C soluble that cured your cold.

The Japanese homework in which you wrote about me.

The corals you picked up while diving in Okinawa.


As I ponder on my remaining hours here, I thank God for all the good and bad that has happened this past year. I've certainly learnt a lot, seen a lot and went through a rollercoaster ride. I wonder what would have happened if I have not taken the opportunity to come to Japan, whether life would have just been the same as the 4 years before that. Whether what I've gone through here would make sense in the bigger picture.

We shall see. Tomorrow is the end of a phase, and a beginning of a new one. One which is yet uncoloured, uncharted, unclear.

No comments: