Wednesday, January 05, 2005

a long christmas indeed...

My colleague saw me walking around looking sad, and wondered what had gotten into me.

Then I realised I must have looked like a zombie. This is the result of having a too-happening life.

Since I am in no state to share the joys of my missions trip, I shall just officially announce that my Christmas will end this week.

I kinda left Christmas hanging halfway when I left for Yangon, and didn't have time to properly savour its magic. It's a strange feeling coming back to a new year and have trails of the old year still lying around.

It's like I have some unfinished business and the body feels trapped in time. That time is Christmas.

So even though I have not completely unpacked my bags, it was with great excitement that I went for a post-Christmas-cum-New-Year party with the iBridge committee at our usual haunt.

We sang Christmas carols and exchanged presents. Who would've guessed that some of the best presents come in unconventional wrappers, eh? ;) I have no idea why Hedonese presented to me "Don't waste your life" by John Piper, maybe I will find out when I read the book. Even puzzling is why he wrapped it in newspaper, Chinese one at that!

Newspaper aside, I made my annual trip to MMU Cyberjaya for their CyberChristmas. I'm proud to say that I've never missed any of it ever since the tradition started. And even prouder to see their presentations improving by the year.

Don't know why I just feel like a beaming parent looking at them prancing on the stage, actors saying their lines with confidence and musicians playing like they've got music notes in their blood. It's just so good to be back in campus again.

More seniors came this year. We had an excellent time catching up in a mamak stall. I can't believe some of them still remember me, or maybe I've just got a notorious reputation, heh!

Oh well, as Christmas draws to a slow end for me, I shall go home today. The only day in the week in which I can have some time for myself. I shall re-open those presents I left arranged neatly on the dressing table, and reflect on the year that was.

Have an excellent year ahead, y'all! :)

No comments: