Thursday, December 11, 2003

you'd never guess what happened yesterday...

My mum picked me up so that we could do a bit of christmas shopping after work. Just after paying for the parking ticket and walking no more than a few steps, her phone rang.

I didn't care much coz I thought it was one of her church friends. But after talking for awhile, her steps slowed down and her face looked strange. I gently nudged her to the side as she continued the conversation.

"What?! You sure it's my car?... Yeah, it was parked at the road side... right opposite my house..." Something must've happened to mum's car as she looked troubled.

Later as we got back into the parking lot, mum told me that it was the Siamese neighbour who called. Seemed that someone had banged into my mums' car, banged into the bumper road sign, and finally banged into the wall of Kesas highway.

Thus began a series of phone calls to friends and neighbours in our housing area. Mum was trying to get someone to check out the situation while we tried to get home as fast as possible. I was more interested in seeing the damage. How could anyone have banged through the sound barrier of Kesas highway?

As we neared our house, we saw cars and people surrounding the accident area. Thank God my mum's car wasn't THAT badly damanged, but the guy's Wira was stuck at the wall. I was like, "Good grief!!! If that guy didn't brake in time, he'd have flown through the wall and onto the Kesas highway!!" That would be a sight.

And you'd see that car on the front page in your newspapers today.

No comments: